Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I AM A CREEPER BUT IT IS FOR THE SAKE OF ART AND ALL.

I finally felt inspired to begin the editing I need to do on last year’s NaNovel. Yay. For those who aren’t aware, I visited Swans Island over the summer and took photos of the houses. Not in a real estate sort of way—I just wanted to pick out houses to belong to characters in my novel so that I could refer to them for descriptive purposes.

Today I did myself one better and used the pictures and my memory of where the houses were to FIND THEM ON THE SATELLITE VERSION OF GOOGLE MAPS. Then I did math (tm) to figure out how long it would take the protagonists to walk to each other’s houses, how long it would take to bike to the ferry terminal, etc.

Grade A sketchball up in here.

Someday the people who live in those houses will read my novel and be like, oh hey, that sounds like my house. Wait. Fuck.

Then they will look over their shoulders just to make sure I am not there. Lurking. In the shadows.

AND I WON’T BE, because I will be off doing famous person things like going to book signings and bathing in my tub full of cheesecake pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment